It was just a cracked surface of an iron stool. The green paint was corroded in several places. A close-up photographic shot gave the image a different meaning. Is it a jungle seen from above? A glimpse of forest? A trampled lawn? It is certainly an image of Cracks. Cracks is part of my Lacer/actions Project which investigates… Read More THE CRACKS FILES / JUST A CORRODED SURFACE ON AN IRON STOOL
Cracks is part of my Lacer/actions Project which investigates and explores the incredible dimension of the decomposition of torn publicity posters on outside advertisings billboards. Since 2009 I entered the wonderful world of Cracks… We are surrounded by cracks. We live in a planet of cracks (yes, cracks are maybe another metaphor of Life, as well as the waste-paper…). All the Cracks pics are realistic, natural, random and… Read More THE CRACKS FILES / IS IT A SHATTERED SKY DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING?
Cracks is part of my Lacer/actions Project, a multidisciplinary project and research about the apparent chaos of ripped and decomposed publicity posters, natural cracks, crevices, scratches and urban and industrial corrosions (I’ve collected so far more than 120.000 photos…). Transferred on canvases, reproduced on lithographic prints or textiles, re-built on collages or scanned in videoclips, the images of natural… Read More SOME CRACKS AND DIFFERENT WAYS TO SHOW THEM
* Cracks is part of Roberto Alborghetti’s Lacer/actions project-research about decomposed publicity posters, natural crevices and scratches, urban and industrial matters… This clip is dedicated to the wonderful world of cracks magnifications. The images are not paintings or digitally made works, but abstract photos of the reality. And of the cracks around us… The wonderful… Read More “THERE IS A CRACK IN EVERYTHING, THAT’S HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN…”: THE VIDEOCLIP
* A few weeks ago in Vietri, the Amalfi Coast town (Italy) famous for its wonderful ceramics, my eyes have been attracted by an unusual and spectacular corrosion. The surface of a fountain, not far from the beach, showed an exceptional cracking. The blue ceramic, of which the structure was made, had undergone a process… Read More BLUE CRACKING ICE… MAGNIFICATIONS OF DECOMPOSED CERAMICS IN VIETRI (AMALFI COAST, ITALY)
My upcoming solo exhibition – “Colors Of An Apocalypse 2015″ – will take place in a beautiful setting: the amazing Romanesque Baptistery on Lake Como, Italy. My show is scheduled for 3 days, on July 3-4-5, in the beautiful Lenno town, in the historical center – 50 meters from the lake shore! – where… Read More THE OCTAGONAL BAPTISTERY (XI CENTURY) ON LAKE COMO: THE BEAUTIFUL SETTING FOR MY UPCOMING SOLO SHOW
* Eighteen artworks from Roberto Alborghetti’s Lacer/actions project (pictures of torn and decomposed publicity posters, natural cracks and scratches, urban and industrial matters) go with the celebrated and universally known “Allegro con brio” from Simphony No.5 by L.V.Beethoven.
Cracks is part of my Lacer/actions Project, about the decomposition of torn publicity posters on outdoor advertisings (my realistic and not manipulated images are transferred on canvases, lithographic prints or textiles). I also love to work on natural cracks, crevices and scratches on metal, plastic or stony surfaces, or metal and plastic platings marking the passage of times… We live… Read More CRACKS CHROMOTHERAPY # 2 / FOUR DIFFERENT PERCEPTION LEVELS OF THE REAL WORLD
The pictures featured in this photo-gallery aren’t paintings (oils, acrylics, watercolors or digital works), but just natural, random and not manipulated images of the amazing imperfection of the real world we see around us. I saw these scratches on a wastebin during my recent visit in Beeston, Nottingham (UK), the land of Robin… Read More SCENES FROM A CHINESE SHADOWS PLAY? NO, THEY’RE JUST MAGNIFICATIONS OF SCRATCHES ON A WASTEBIN IN BEESTON NOTTINGHAM (UK)…
Cracks is part of my Lacer/actions Project, about the decomposition of torn publicity posters on outdoor advertisings (my realistic and not manipulated images are transferred on canvases, lithographic prints or textiles). I love also to document crevices and chaps on metal, plastic or stony surfaces, or metal and plastic platings. So, I invite you to… Read More CRACKS CHROMOTHERAPY #1 / BLACK, RED, YELLOW AND GREEN… (VIDEOCLIP)
© Artwork by Roberto Alborghetti – Lacer/actions project © Verses by Joshua Seller *** Moonlit sky quivering crepe myrtles et their shadows * Cielo dal chiaro di luna tremolanti mirti crespi e le loro ombre * Ciel au clair de lune des tremblants myrtes crépus et leurs ombres * Ciel al claro de luna tremolantes… Read More MOONLIT SKY / QUIVERING CREPE MYRTLES /AND THEIR SHADOWS
* © Artwork by Roberto Alborghetti – Lacer/actions project © Verses by Joshua Seller *** In a spider web cherry blossom petals twilight breeze * In una tela del ragno petali di fiore di ciliegio brezza del crepuscolo * Dans une toile de l’araignée pétales du fleur de cerisier brise du crépuscule * En la… Read More IN A SPIDER WEB / CHERRY BLOSSOM PETALS / TWILIGHT BREEZE
* “Lacer/actions on Aluminium” videoclip celebrates 20.000 downloads of my videos at YouTube Channel. The clip shows eleven aluminium installations for my “Lacer/actions” Project and created for Fai Bergamo, Italy (private collection). After being re-produced on canvases, lithographic prints and textiles (silk and cotton), my images about decomposed publicity posters, cracks and “road signs” have found a… Read More LACER/ACTIONS ON ALUMINIUM: THE VIDEOCLIP / CELEBRATING 20.000 DOWNLOADS ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL