The days of the pandemic that the world is experiencing are like a vortex that has dragged us into the abyss of the unknown, darkness and pain. We are all in the vortex. This is the image that many people – even myself – have experienced mentally, but also physically. The emergence of a terrible and unknown virus has left scorched earth around us. Many lives are gone in the silence, in the solitude, in the distance of the affections, even of a hug. We all feel the need to recover strength, energy, images of life. And to return to everyday life, surely changed.
From these thoughts this project “Vorticism: Lockdown” was born. I plunged into the vortex of the colors of the decomposed and corrupt advertising posters, to draw something new, something that opened the wings of hope. A torn and worn-out advertising poster, expired in his message, is the image of these times overwhelmed by the fury of the virus. I’m in love with vorticism: I still remember a great exhibition in London, 10 years ago, at the Tate Gallery. So, I let myself be carried away by the vortex of shapes and colors. I de-structured waste paper strips and re-structured them into 4 works. In this video I present you all the 4 collages.
- VORTICISM: LOCKDOWN # 1, GEOMETRIES OF A VORTEX, COLLAGE, 25 X 20,5, MADE OF WASTE PAPER OF PUBLICITY POSTERS (BY ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI)
- VORTICISM: LOCKDOWN # 2, THE VORTEX AND THE FURY, COLLAGE, 25 X 20,5, MADE OF WASTE PAPER OF PUBLICITY POSTERS (BY ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI)
- VORTICISM: LOCKDOWN #3, THE VORTEX AND THE WINGS OF HOPE, COLLAGE, 25 X 20,5, MADE OF WASTE PAPER OF PUBLICITY POSTERS (BY ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI)
- VORTICISM: LOCKDOWN #4, THE VORTEX AND THE MASK (PRIMARY COLORS), COLLAGE ON THE MASK, MADE OF WASTE PAPER OF PUBLICITY POSTERS (BY ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI)
- The “Vorticism: Lockdown” series aims to pay homage to the intuitions and sense of an avant-garde movement which, precisely in the lockdown phase for the emergence of the coronavirus, indicates a desire of re-birth, of re-launch and, why not ?, of re-volt of culture, lifestyles, behaviors and values, respecting the person, the human dimension and the natural balance of the planet.
- Interested in purchasing these collage works? Ask for the availability.
- For info: email@example.com
- Website: https://robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com/
3 pensieri riguardo “FACING THE PANDEMIC #2 / VORTICISM: LOCKDOWN, THE FULL VIDEO”
Incredible achievement Roberto! We’ll face the pandemic together…
I enjoyed all of these!
Thank you so much! So kind of you! Have a nice weekend!