“THE APOLOGIA OF REVOLT AND RESTLESSNESS”
by Roberto Alborghetti
COLLAGE OF PAPER PIECES FROM TORN
AND DECOMPOSED PUBLICITY POSTERS
2012, CM.70X50, framed
This image is a collage created by Roberto Alborghetti with more than 350 small paper pieces collected along the streets as waste material from torn and decomposed publicity posters.
Here some details of the collage texture:
LaceR/Actions is a multidisciplinary project and research about the apparent chaos of ripped and decomposed posters and urban signs.
Roberto Alborghetti has collected so far around the world more than 40.000 images.
Transferred on canvases, reproduced on lithographs or textiles (as pure silk), re-built on collages (as the work shown above) or scanned in videoclips, the details of torn publicity posters give new life to paper lacerations and decomposition.
- “a New Heaven and a New Earth”: Collage # 5 in the “Secret Room” at My Show in the Tuscany Fortress (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Riding the Smooth Waters” : Collage #4 in the “Secret Cell” at My Exhibition (aldobrandesca Castle, Tuscany) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The “Secret Collages Cell” at My Exhibition at Aldobrandesca Fortress: Work # 2 (“he Loves His Chaos From a Distance”) (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- 300 Small Paper Pieces From Torn and Decomposed Publicity Posters Became “a Falling Star” Collage (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Work # 3 Displayed in the “Collages Cell” at My Exhibition in the Tuscany Castle: “There Was War in the Sky” (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- The “Secret Cell” of My Exhibition at the Tuscany Castle: the Collages Room – Work #1 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)