Music is colour, image, movement, poetry… and a GLORIOUS MORNING too! This is the title of a great original piano solo by Gene Emerson, from Canada. Gene is a talented composer and pianist. I was really amazed and fascinated by her music. When I heard her “Glorious Morning” I immediately thought to some of my “Lacer/actions” artworks.
And the idea to collaborate with Gene for a clip became stronger when I read her words about the meaning she gave to her beautiful piano composition.
Gene says : “Glorious Morning is really an ode to a beautiful, warm and sunny morning at the beginning of Spring, – after long cold winter – when the world is changing, the flowers are blooming and the birds are singing. Such a great change in nature has inspired me to compose this piece. Also, I must say, I have found Rumi‘s lovely poem ‘Spring Arrives’ is very close to the spirit of this piece. His poem is so much full of optimism. He throws away all dogmas, religious fanaticism and pessimism. His free spirited vision of love and passion for life is so overwhelming. Although the poem is 800 years old, but Rumi’s description of flowers and trees would never become old and it is very relevant for our Spring in 2012…”
So we decided to create a videoclip, trying to mix Gene music and my artworks (images of torn posters and urban signs). I selected nine pics that recall me in some ways the wonderful melody and the surprising Gene Emerson’s performance. So, enjoy this video. Great music and colors for a dreamin’ and relaxing moment…
* * *
You may follow Gene Emerson at:
- “Like Echoes or Moonlight”: After the Video, an Haiga Composition (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Like Echoes” Videoclip: Susan Kahn Poem Goes With Roberto Alborghetti Art (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Rumi: Say I Am You (Sufi poem) (elanoflife.wordpress.com)
- “Glorious Morning”: Rumi’s Poem Inspired a Great Piano Solo by Gene Emerson in a Clip With Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Art (okayscuola.wordpress.com)
- “Glorious Morning”: Rumi’s Poem Inspired a Great Piano Solo by Gene Emerson in a Clip With Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Art (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- “Glorious Morning”: Rumi’s Poem Inspired a Great Piano Solo by Gene Emerson in a Clip With Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Art (leartisteboots.wordpress.com)
- “Glorious Morning”: Rumi’s Poem Inspired a Great Piano Solo by Gene Emerson in a Clip With Roberto Alborghetti ‘s Art (healingminds.wordpress.com)
5 pensieri riguardo ““GLORIOUS MORNING”: RUMI’S POEM INSPIRED A GREAT PIANO SOLO BY GENE EMERSON IN A CLIP WITH ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI ‘S ART”
Reblogged this on Living with Mental Illness and commented:
Good Wednesday, Everyone;
Roberto Alborghetti is a photographer with energy and vision like no artist I’ve known in many years. His mind clicks and whirs behind the lens of his camera, bringing out the profound beauty of fading, industrial areas of cities throughout Europe. HIs mind, always wondering how bring more expression to his viewers, is most recently combined with a light piano composition by Gene Emereson. The music seems to lift the color, dreams, and vitality from Roberto’s photos recompose the very air with rhythm and vibrance.
I hope all of you will take a moment to view the clip and feel the inspiration.
Have a good day, all.
Reblogged this on LE ARTISTE BOOTS and commented:
Required listening to start your day.
Reblogged this on OKAY!.
Interesting post, Alberto, and great music. Especially with all that bird song, since it is that time of year now; it is birds singing time.
Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, birds singing is an important sign, and Rumi’s ode include it to tell that Spring is really arriving!